Google has warned millions of users to hack passwords. For this, Google has also added the password checkup add-on feature in Chrome browser, through which users can check their password. Today we will teach you through this article what Google password checkup tool is and how to use it. According to Google, the reason behind the launch of this new feature is being reported to be the hack of user names and passwords of 4 million users.
With the help of Google’s password checkup tool, these people can check their password to find out if their password has been hacked or not.
What is Google Password Checkup Tool (Extension)?
Password checkup is the security extension tools for chrome browser offered by Google, which tells if the user’s current passwords had been hacked.
Are user passwords under the data breach and no longer secure?
This tool alerts the user through a drop-down menu box if the user’s password is teasing by hackers. And encourage you to change your password. With this tool, 4 million people can change their password, whose username and password had been hacked.
How to use Google Password Checkup Tool?
Google password checkup is very easy to use. For this, you just have to install & activate its Google chrome extension.
For this you follow the following steps.
- Open the chrome browser on your computer.
- Sign in with your Google Account.
- Then go to the Chrome Web store and search Password Checkup extension.
- Once you found, Install Password checkup extension
After installing the password checkup extension, its Icon will appear on the right side in the browser bar.
- Now login to any site in Chrome browser.
- If your password is hacked, then the color of the password checkup extension will turn red and you will be advised to change the password.
- If that password is not in the hacked list, then the color of the extension will remain green and there will be no warning show.
We advise you to change your password after password checkup warning.
Step – 3
After installing the password checkup extension, its Icon will appear in the browser bar, you can right click on it and go to Manage Extensions and turn the password checkup extension on / off.
Follow other steps which is optional.
- Open the Chrome browser on your computer.
- Click on the three dot menu> extensions on the right.
- Search for password checkup in the extension list.
- Now you can turn password checkup extension on or off.
You can also clear password checkup data if you want. For this you have go to the password checkup advanced settings and click on clear extension data.
In this way you can use Google password checkup tool very easily, and can do security checkup of your password.